Popcorn Brussels Sprouts
Makes: 1 medium bowl of snackable greens to share
Time: 25 min.
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) whole brussels sprouts
- 4 tbl. butter
- 1 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off the stem ends of the brussels sprouts and then cut them lengthwise. If they are extra big or thick, cut each sprout into thirds.
- Peel away any brown or damaged outer leaves.
- Heat half the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Put half the brussels sprouts into the pan, placing them flat-side down in a single layer into the melted butter.
- Sauté the sprouts until they are slightly browned on the flat sides, about 2 minutes, then flip them over. Sprinkle them with ½ tsp. of salt and sauté for another 4 minutes.
- When you hear the sprouts start to pop like popcorn, move the browned brussels sprouts onto a large baking pan.
- Repeat steps 4 – 7 with the rest of the sprouts.
- Bake all the sprouts in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Put your new snack into your favorite popcorn bowl, sprinkle with more salt if needed, and enjoy!